Thanksgiving is in 2 days, and I'm sure you are still looking for some delicious recipes to whip up! doTERRA has so many amazing recipes and I'm stoked to share these with you today! You're going to have everyone wanting to spend Thanksgiving with you after they taste these beauties!
Citrus & Herb Butter Roasted Turkey
Citrus & Herb Butter
- 4 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
For the Turkey
- 14–16 pound turkey, thawed
- ½ large orange, cut in two wedges
- 1 lemon, cut in quarters
- ½ large granny smith apple, cut in two wedges
- 1 garlic head, cut in half
- 5 sprigs of sage
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
For the Butter
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together thoroughly. Set aside.
For the Turkey
- Preheat oven to 500° F
- Rinse turkey inside and out. Pat skin dry and place in a roasting rack inside a large roasting pan. Stuff the cavity of the bird with the orange, lemon, apple, garlic, and herbs.
- Tuck wing tips under the turkey.
- Use fingers to carefully loosen skin around the entire bird. Take ¼ of the butter mixture and rub it, thoroughly, under skin making sure to coat as much of the turkey as possible. Brush remaining butter mixture over skin, making sure to cover the entire turkey.
- Sprinkle breast and legs with salt and pepper and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Roast turkey on the lowest rack at 500 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and insert probe thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. Cook until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Note: Cooking time depends on the size of the turkey.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let turkey rest for approximately 30 minutes before carving.
Sweet & Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- 10-ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey or white sugar
- 3 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- Combine ingredients, excluding Wild Orange essential oil, into a saucepan.
- Bring up to boil and then lower temperature to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Add Wild Orange essential oil. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Honey Thyme Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots peeled, tops removed
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 drop Thyme essential oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Grease a baking sheet. Add carrots to center of pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients and pour over carrots. Toss until evenly coated. Lay carrots in a single layer. Bake for 30–45 minutes, until fork tender. Stir after 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 drop Cinnamon essential oil
- 2 drops Clove essential oil
- 2 drops Ginger essential oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pre baked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a par baked pie crust in a 10-inch round pan.
- Bake for 27 minutes
- Note: It will look underdone at this time, don’t worry. Refrigerate at least
- hours uncovered. Pie will thicken and “set.”
- Top with fresh whipped cream.
Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving, full of Gratitude, Friendship, and Love!