New Year ResOILutions
Happy 2018! I'm so glad we are opening up a brand new year with so much cheer and positivity! I will be honest with you... I'm not a "resolutions" kind of gal. I'm more of an intentions and goals kind of gal! BUT for the sake of puns... we will chat about our ResOILutions for 2018! These of course are just suggestions, but if you are looking to improve your overall wellbeing, and get the most out of your oils... I think you are going to love what I have to share today!
I'm not sure about you, but I love getting a fresh new start, which is why I think so many people love to create new habits, and resolutions in January. I got started in December, by creating a list of my intentions and goals for 2018, but it is never too late to start or think about how you want your year to play out. Every day we get that fresh opportunity to start over, that chance to walk through our day in a high vibe state, or give into negativity. In fact, I'd argue that we had that same opportunity every hour, minute, and second of our day to live out a new reality! (Sure takes off the pressure right?) So, as you carve your way throughout this brand new year, remember that it doesn't have to be picture perfect. It doesn't need to look like my year, or your neighbor's, or your BFF Jill's. Your year is yours and yours alone. Using essential oils more often and consistently is only going to enhance your overall experience, so let's look at 10 Essential ResOILutions you can follow in 2018!
- Perk Up. First, diffuse lemon essential oil to brighten and energize your mood. Then, pamper yourself by mixing a few drops with Melaleuca and fractionated coconut oil and apply on tired, dry, cracked feet.
- Take A Lavender Bath. Drop about 4 drops of lavender essential oil along with 1cup Epsom salts to your bath water for an ultra-relaxing experience.
- Awaken Your Senses. Before your work out, apply a bit of Peppermint to your chest or just take a deep breathe straight from the open bottle. Then, after your workout add to shampoo to stimulate your senses & help with scalp health.
- Keep Calm And Oregano On. Concerned about the sanitary conditions of a public place you or the kids have just walked on with bare feet? Your feet absorb more than you think. Follow up by applying one drop of Oregano and Thyme, diluted with 6-7 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil. Happy feet.
- No More Nerves. Use Frankincense to help relieve anxious feelings and create a positive mood! Try combining Frankincense, Peppermint and Wild Orange essential oil in your hand, rub hands together, and inhale deeply. This mix will also help with the most severe need for a three o’ clock pick-me-up!
- Refresh Your Wash. Add a couple drops of Melaleuca to laundry detergent to get rid of any musty smells caused by poor ventilation.
On Guard ResOILution
- Be Naturally Protected, All Day. Let On Guard with Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary assist in the work of immune support and maintenance. One of the most popular ways to use Protective Blend is to add a few drops to a Veggie Capsule and swallow. It does wonders!
Deep Blue ResOILution
- Your Best Bike Trip Break…Ever. Put a several drops of Soothing blend into an empty 5/8 dram bottle so it is easy to keep in your pouch and take on your next biking trip!
- Boost Brain Power. Breathe contains Eucalyptus essential oil which is known to help stimulate mental activity and wake up your mind. The powerfully beneficial oils of Peppermint, Lemon, and Melaleuca are all included in the Respiratory blend and are perfect if you are feeling under the weather.
- Tame a Tummy. Rub on your child’s tummy when they have an occasional tummy ache. Apply before bedtime and it will help them sleep soundly too! Dilute 1 drop of the Digestive blend with fractionated coconut oil and massage onto baby’s tummy when upset.
So cheers to the new year and your wonderful, healthy new habits! If you loved this, and want to see more ways to use these oils, check out my post here on 150 Ways to use my Top 10 Essential Oils!