The Essential Skin Care line is my go to, every single day, to keep my skin youthful, vibrant, and healthy. When the Essential Skin Care line was first launched, it was foundational as the best of both science and nature. However, as skin care technology and ingredients continue to evolve and improve, it was time for the Essential Skin Care line to receive some updates, along with two new products.
Never fear, the elements I have always loved about the skin care line have not changed. This includes features such as the essential oil blends, price (with the exception of the Pore Reducing Toner), formula texture and appearance, package size, and the clinically supported claims of the original products. I also love that doTERRA will never use artificial colors, Diethanolamine (DEA), formaldehyde donors, Parabens, Pthalates, Propoylene glycol, Sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), Sodium lauryl sulfates (SLS), Toluene, or Triethanolamine (TEA). Ingredients have only been replaced or added when there were better, more effective ingredients and technologies available. So what has changed? Aside from the addition of two new products, the Brightening Gel and Anti-Aging Eye Cream, each current product had its formula updated. I will be focusing on the Essential Skin Care updates today, but I did want you to be aware that we also have 2 other Skin Care lines, that I also love, love, love!
So let's take a look at these new updates!
Facial Cleanser New Ingredients:Â
• Quillaja Saponaria Bark and Yucca Root extracts are natural cleansers that help soothe and clarify your skin.
• Sodium PCA is a humectant derived from a natural amino acid called proline. Humectants are necessary in skin care to help the skin retain moisture.
• Tocopherol was added for its antioxidants.
Invigorating Scrub New Ingredients:
• Greater Burdock Root Extract has antioxidant properties that help with sebum regulation.
• Jasmine Flower/Leaf Extract and Mandarin Orange Fruit Extract were added for their unique and uplifting fragrances.
• Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate is a cleansing ingredient.
• Polyglyceryl-5 Oleate and Glyceryl Caprylate are both emulsifiers, ingredients that are used to combine ingredients that would not otherwise.
Pore Reducing Toner New Ingredients:
• Watermelon and Apple Fruit Extract are used to tone and balance your skin.
• Lentil Seed and Fruit Extracts increase hydration, and visibly reduces the appearance of oily skin and pores.
• Sodium PCA is a humectant derived from a natural amino acid called proline. Humectants are used in skin care to help your skin retain moisture.
Brightening Gel If you deal with age spots and inflammation, the new Brightening Gel is formulated with the following ingredients that will help immensely.
• Bergamot, Juniper Berry, and Melissa essential oils known for their benefits to skin health.
• Ginger Root Extract assists your skin in its natural repair processes.
• Daisy Flower Extract promotes even pigmentation in age spots.
• Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is an incredibly stable form of vitamin C that improves skin tone and brightness and decreases the appearance of age spots. It is also microencapsulated to efficiently deliver the vitamin to your skin.
• Biosaccharide Gum-1 moisturizes your skin throughout the day.
To use: push the disc on the bottom of the jar to dispense a small amount of the product. Apply an even layer to your face and neck, or to trouble spots.
Tightening Serum New Ingredients:
• Beech Tree Bud Extract noticeably tightens and smooths your skin.
• Acacia Senegal Gum and Hydrolyzed Rhizobian Gum both naturally tighten, smooth, and lift your skin.
• Jojoba Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, and Behenyl Alcohol are all emollients. Emollients are softening ingredients for your skin. (Both Cetyl and Behenyl alcohols are also known as fatty alcohols, which are not the drying or sensitizing forms of alcohol.)
• Sodium PCA is a humectant derived from a natural amino acid called proline that helps the skin retain moisture.
Anti-Aging Eye Cream The delicate skin under your eyes loses elasticity and is prone to fine lines and wrinkles as you age. The new Anti-Aging Eye Cream is clinically proven to reduce the number of wrinkles and also their depth and severity. It also improves elasticity, texture, and puffiness. Key Ingredients:
• Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, and Blue Tansy essential oils for their skin benefits.
• Bakuchiol tones and tightens the skin and prevents future signs of aging.
• Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose and Pullulan are both gums that tighten your skin from the first use.
• Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice acts as the humectant to help your skin retain its natural moisture.
• Shea Butter and Meadowfoam Seed Oil both act as the emollients in this product.
To use: Press pump until small amount of product appears around the rollerball. Using gentle pressure, apply to under-eye area until absorbed. Use morning and night. Avoid direct contact with eyes.
Anti-Aging Moisturizer (target visible signs of aging) New Ingredients:
• Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 and Acetyl Tetrapeptide-2 smooth your skin, improve skin tone and texture, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Yucca Schidigera Root Extract purifies your skin.
• Tocopherol acetate is also known as Vitamin E, a common antioxidant.
Hydrating Cream (for intense moisturization) New Ingredients:
• Lactococcus Ferment Lysate is a probiotic. This nourishes your skin, and helps to strengthen its natural barrier and overall skin quality. Moreover, it helps the natural renewal process of the outermost layer of your skin that tends to slow down with age.
The updated Essential Skin Care line will be available for purchase as of today November 1, 2017! Are you as excited as I am about this? Let me know in the comments!
Ready to grab it? Get your skincare today at wholesale cost!