The fall season is my favorite, and I also LOVE to craft, which is why I am super in love with this DIY Essential Pumpkin Garland! Not only is this a no-sew craft you can do with the kids, it's also a secret diffuser! The mixture of Cinnamon, Ginger, Clove and Cardamom are going to leave your home smelling incredible!
This adorable and simple craft from Vicky Barone is perfect to do on your own, or even get the kids involved! Don't limit yourself to Pumpkin shapes... you can create whatever shapes you'd like to celebrate the fall season! Think leaves, apples, or spooky halloween shapes like ghosts and witch hats! Get creative and enjoy this fun craft! You're going to love the aroma of Warm Pumpkin Spice made with your essential oils and the happy fall vibe your craft will bring!
I am really excited I found this craft and can't wait to hear how yours turned out! Let's dive in!
You will need:
- Fabric Scissors
- Hot Glue gun & Glue
- Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Clove Essential Oil
- Cardamom Essential Oil
- Create a template out of cardstock or a small piece of cardboard. You can trace a pumpkin shape you find online that you like or freehand it. We drew the shape of a pumpkin on a piece of cardstock and cut it out, then drew an oval for the center of the pumpkin and cut that out as well.
- Use your template to trace the pumpkin and oval shape onto the felt. We used three shades of felt that we thought were pumpkin-y, buy you can choose any colors you’d like!
- Cut long triangles out of brown felt for the stems and long pointy ovals out of green felt for the leaves. You’ll want these pieces to be long because only a bit of them will actually show and the rest will be glued in place.
- Glue a brown triangle to the front of a pumpkin shape, then glue a matching oval to the front of that. Flip the pumpkin over and glue a green leaf to the back.
- Repeat step 4 with the rest of the pumpkin shapes until you have as may as you’d like.
- Cut a length of string for the garland. Flip each pumpkin over and put two dots of hot glue on the back. Quickly press the string to the hot glue dots. Repeat with the rest of the pumpkins.
- Add 3 drops of each essential oil to the back of different pumpkins or to a single pumpkin. It may discolor the felt, so be mindful of this.
- You can hang your garland using washi tape or thumbtacks. You could even make it a table runner for an autumn dinner party.
To see the Full Post from Vicky, click here.
Are you already grabbing your keys and purse so you can head off to the Craft store? I thought so! Let me know when you get back and tell me all about your garland!