Everyone can use some extra peace and tranquility this holiday season. Give the gift of relaxation through essential oils. Today I am sharing two different Essential Oil Ornament Recipes that are Sure to please your friends and Family!
DIY Bath Salt Ornaments
Disguise an aromatherapy Epsom salt bath treatment as a festive Christmas ornament! When it's not decorating your tree, this ornament will double as a therapeutic addition to your warm bath. Just take the top off and pour it in. Customize the color and aroma of each ornament for everyone on your Christmas list!
IngredientsRound plastic ornaments1 cup Epsom salt (you may need more or less depending on the size of your ornament)5–10 drops favorite doTERRA essential oil Instructions
- Mix desired amount of Epsom salt in bowl and add some skin-safe colorant if desired
- Add dried herbs or flower petals to mixture for color and added aroma
- Add the essential oils of your choice; mix well
- Add the bath salt to plastic ornaments until full
- Once full, put the top of ornament back on
- When ready to use, add desired amount to warm bath
DIY Salt Dough Aromatherapy Ornaments
Adding a personal touch to your presents has never been easier with these aromatherapy salt dough ornaments and gift tags. These ornaments can be given as a wrapping accessory on a present and can then easily be transformed into an ornament for your friends and family to enjoy for many years to come. You can even add essential oils to the ornaments to add some aromatherapy elements. There are multiple ways to decorate, too. You can stamp on an image, paint it, or leave it plain. Either way, your friends and family will love and adore this homemade gift. Ingredients4 cups all-purpose flour1 cup salt1 ½ cups warm waterFavorite doTERRA essential oils Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Pour flour, salt, and warm water into large bowl.
- Using your hands, knead until all ingredients are well-incorporated and dough is smooth.
- If mixture is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until dough comes together.
- Roll out dough on floured surface until ¼ inch thick.
- Using cookie cuters, cut out desired shapes and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a drinking straw or toothpick, make a hole in top of ornament for threading string.
- Place in oven until hard, approximately 1 hour.
- Once hard, remove from oven and cool.
- Decorate with paint, string, or glitter. Add essential oils by placing one drop on each ornament and allow it to soak in.
Tip: Add some decoration to your ornaments by stamping them. Just place stamp on ink and carefully place on ornament to transfer design before they dry. Note: Baking the ornament will turn the dough slightly brown and may "puff" up some of the ornaments. If you prefer, you can also air dry the ornaments for 2–3 days to help the ornaments remain white and flat.