In the Middle Ages, Clary Sage was used for its benefits to the skin and has continued to be popular for its topical benefits. When applied topically, Clary Sage oil calms and soothes the skin. Clary Sage oil can also be applied to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp. If used aromatically, Clary Sage oil promotes feelings of relaxation in preparation for a restful night’s sleep.
Enriched with the organic chemical linalyl acetate, Clary Sage is known as one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils when used aromatically and internally. This herbaceous oil can be used for a variety of purposes both externally and internally. The use of Clary Sage dates back to ancient times. The Romans called it claurus, which can be translated as “clear,” because of its use as an eye wash. The Germans added this delicate flower to their wine, and elsewhere it has been used in soups, omelets, and flavored jellies. As an essential oil, Clary Sage is known for its calming aroma and topical benefits to the skin.
Ways to Use:
- Diffuse 3–4 drops to promote feelings of relaxation and prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Lightly flick a few drops of the oil along the walls of the steamy shower or sauna for a powerful aromatherapy experience.
- Add 1–2 drops to water or tea.
- Take 1–2 drops in a dōTERRA Veggie Cap to help calm the nervous system.*
- Add a few drops to bath water for a stressrelieving bath.
- Rub 3–5 drops on the abdomen during a menstrual cycle for a soothing massage.
- Add 3–4 drops to shampoo or conditioner to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp.
Clary Sage was used as a love potion in conjunction with dried lavender leaves, a pinch of valerian and sassafras leaves, and the button belonging to the bachelor you were longing for! How fun is that!?
After a long day of working, running around with the kids, or studying for an exam, treat yourself to a soothing bath with Clary Sage and Lavender. This bath with essential oils will not only excite your smelling senses, it will also work to relieve stress. With both Clary Sage and Lavender containing linalyl acetate, these two oils are some of the most powerful soothing, relaxing, and calming oils available.
During your menstrual cycle, bring relief to your abdomen by using Clary Sage essential oil. Simply apply Clary Sage to the needed area of your abdomen and rub for a soothing massage. The natural chemical components of Clary Sage oil are among the most soothing and calming compounds, making Clary Sage an ideal oil for a soothing abdominal massage during the menstruating time frame. I know that Clary Sage has been a game changer for me during my cycle!
Have you tried this incredible oil yet?